The Advantages of Using SEO Forums
While reaching out to individual search engine marketers or digital agencies is an option, seeking answers in forums has its benefits.
- Not everyone in SEO is looking for work! Many of those people hang out in forums answering questions, so there’s no expectation that providing you free information means you’ll hire them to do the work.
- These forums already have hundreds if not thousands of questions and answers, so someone may already have the solution you’re looking for.
- If you choose to, you can remain anonymous. No need to reveal your real identity if you don’t want to.
What to Watch Out For
Whenever you access any online forums, it’s important to stay vigilant of spam and malicious activity.
- Be careful before you click on links. Make sure the person who posted it seems trustworthy.
- Only interact with people who have completely filled out their profile. Many spammers will create incomplete accounts, and filling yours out means you’re there for a good purpose.
- Keep an eye out for bad grammar and incorrect spelling. We don’t discriminate against anybody who’s second language is English, but this could be a red flag.